Our History

At Bittner Funeral Chapel, our roots run deep in the Mitchell community. Our records go back to 1908 and the H. Noble and Sons Funeral Home, a very prominent firm in Mitchell for many years.

In 1929 there were three generations of the Noble family actively involved in the business, H. Noble, D.J. Noble and Darwin and Harvard Noble. In 1929 Walter H. Broadbent established the Broadbent Funeral Home with his son Harry at 112 East Third Ave.

Following Mr. Broadbent’s death in 1958, Ray Milliken owned the funeral home and later constructed a new facilitiy at our present location at 805 West Havens. The Noble Funeral Home records were eventually taken over by the Milliken Funeral Home, which was then purchased by George Bittner in 1979.

Following the retirement of John Murphy who was a funeral director for many years the Murphy Funeral Home was transferred to Bittner Funeral Chapel in 1981. Bittner Funeral Chapel continues the 100 year tradition of an independent, family owned funeral home in Mitchell.

Keeping with the tradition of being family-owned, Bart and Nikki Fredericksen purchased the funeral home in 2015, continuing the legacy of service, compassion, and professionalism laid before them. 

Contents © 2021 Bittner Funeral Chapel • Website Provided by Day One Web, Inc.Privacy Policy